One of my friends living in NYC told me that Bite Beauty had a store in Soho where you can customize your lipsticks. I was excited since Bite Beauty is one of my favorite lipsticks because of their safe ingredients and beautiful colors (reviewed here). Once I knew I was visiting NYC, I had to add this store to my itinerary.Wall of lipsticks. I thought they looked like truffles 🙂This is the size of the store. Super small! I went with one of my friend to get our customized lipsticks.The three-steps process getting your customized lipsticks. The first questioned they asked us was if we wanted day or night lipstick colors. I wanted a night (red) lipstick and my friend went with day (nude) lipstick color. The next question they asked was if we wanted a matte look or a shiny look. I went with matte.My customized color specialist.My customized lipstick color in the making. Trial #1Trial #2My final customized color!My friend’s final customized color.After finalizing the color, you choose what scent you want for your lipstick. I went with violet.After choosing the scent, you get to choose a cap for your lipstick. I went with the one on the right.Our lipstick colors in the container.Went through a machine to blend all the colors together, which resulted in a melted version of our lipstick.The lipstick then got poured in a cold mold. You can tell that area is cold by the frost on the table top.After about 10 minutes, our lipsticks are ready to be pulled out of the mold.She’s inserting the lipstick tube into the lipstick.Tada! My friend’s final customized lipstick! We had to wait 30 minutes before being able to use it.This is my final customized lipstick. Cost $36Bite Beauty Lip Lab 174 Prince St
New York, NY 10012 (646) 484-6111 Tips on visiting Bite Beauty Lip Lab:
- Try to make an appointment over the phone since it’s a small store and they can only take a number of people each day.
- If you’re not able to make an appointment because they’re fully booked, go early in the morning before they open. They accept walk-ins. There were a couple of people waiting outside when we got there shortly before they were opening. We added our name to the wait list and walked around Soho. It took about an hour before they gave us a call.
- Try to go with a friend. It’s more fun plus you have someone to give you an opinion on the lip colors. Also, you might just get an extra tube of lipstick. My friend and I liked each other’s color and was talking about it. Our color specialist was nice enough to give us an extra tube of each other’s color since there was extras. Score!
- Make sure to keep the color card they give you if you want them to make the exact same color again next time. Or take a picture of it so you have an archive of the color.
- If you’re not able to go to NYC to get your own customized lipstick, you should still check out their products online. I love their duo lipsticks.