Thoughts/updates this month:
- I got the test result of my first exam and passed! Yay! 🙂
- I just discovered there is a library one block away from me! Finally got a library card in Cali. I thought it was so fancy that I could choose my own library card design.
- I went to an underground supper club. It was an intimate dining experience with 12 people. I didn’t know what to expect but it turned out to be a fun experience. The food was delicious and everyone was really nice. It’s funny how random people can gather together and socialize for good food.
- I really enjoyed this post by Ken Wytsma. This made me realized that my sense of urgency and busyness is probably part of the reason that is keeping me from hearing God’s voice. I’m trying to slow down and have some quiet moments with God and not just quick, short prayers to God. If my brain is always preoccupied with something, how can I hear God’s voice? Apparently this post is partially adapted from his book, which I added to my list of books to read.
- After reading this article, I decided to not buy anymore k-cups. I finally bought an individual dripper and grinder (BTW you should get a burr grinder instead of a blade grinder for coffee beans. Blade grinder cuts the coffee beans and the heat from the blade can cause the coffee to have a burnt taste while a burr grinder crushes the beans to release the aroma of the coffee beans and provides a more consistent grind). Wow! What a big difference the taste of my coffee is now. It taste so much better and is better for the environment. Only downfall is that it takes more time in the morning to prepare a cup of coffee.
- The documentary “aka Dan: Korean Adoptee Story” was a really touching story. The part I cried the most was when he met his biological mom. I can’t imagine how hard it must have been for her to wake up and realized her husband gave up one of their son up for adoption and there was nothing she could do since the paperwork was completed. You can watch this documentary here.
- “Under the Dome” is another great documentary about China’s smog by Chai Jing. I never realized how bad China’s pollution was until watching this documentary. Can you imagine growing up and never seeing stars or clouds in the sky before? Or not being able to venture outside to play for half the year because the air isn’t safe to breathe in? I’m glad Chai Jing is bringing this to light so people in China can make a change. You can watch the documentary with English subtitle here.
Last month’s goals:
- Read month 3 of #365DaysOfTruth plan. Yikes! I’m a week behind! It’s scary how easy it is to get off course.
- Read one book this month. Completed! Have you ever watched Judge Judy on TV? I really enjoyed watching her show on TV when I was a kid since I liked how fair, honest, and smart Judy Judy was. I didn’t know she wrote books, which shouldn’t be a surprise, but she just recently released a new book called “What Would Judy Say?: Be the Hero of Your Own Story”. She’s offering the book for free (you can download a copy here) but she asks you to donate to Stand Up to Cancer if you found any of her advice useful. It’s a quick, easy read and I enjoyed reading it. Big take away for me was for me to define my worth and to take risks. I found it useful and donated to her cause 🙂
- Study and take two exams this month. Completed. I feel good about one of the exam but the other one I feel like I bombed. *sigh. Oh well.
- Complete “Who Am I” portfolio reflection. On target to complete by April 1! This was a lot harder than I thought since I really had to look inside myself.
- Bake/cook one new recipe. Sadly this didn’t happen.
- Workout once a week. Completed!
- Blog once a week. Completed!
Goals for next months:
- Catch up on #365DaysOfTruth plan and complete month 4.
- Read one book this month.
- Study and take one exam this month.
- Complete “Pre-Corps Engagement”.
- Bake/cook one new recipe this month.
- Check out a new restaurant.
- Workout twice a week.
- Blog once a week.
What are your goals for this month?